Wednesday, November 23, 2005

i am thankful for..

its beginning to look a lot like christmas...

at least at crate and barrel it is. can you believe a customer actually complained about the lack of holiday decor in the store? sheesh...guess you gotta go full out gaudy in order to be 'festive'.

this is the first time ive been away from home for thanksgiving...the turkey, cranberry sauce, my greenbean casserole, and oohhhhhh my mashed potatoes. i really miss the food. i really miss my family.

a friend just called and mentioned that it was snowing outside. can you believe it? snowing before thanksgiving. goodness, its soo beautiful outside. very picturesque....fall has left the branches bare..and now the snow is dusting everything..like powdered sugar.

i could sit here and feel extra sorry for myself...but the truth is, i am extremely thankful this year. i have my health, which some know is a huge feat...i have so many new friends here at school...good, genuine, friends that you can confide in and drink pumpkin ale with....and of course, i have my family..which at the moment is spread out around the world..none too close to me at the moment..but i have the security of knowing that many people are there for all the right reasons, encouraging me, supporting me in my walk with God and through everything, checking in on me and making sure im doing well.

thank you Lord for the many many blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home